Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Summer Vacation - Day 1

I gave the boys fair warning that when they got home from their last day of school, I wanted a picture. I have to do this because I still don't have the most cooperative subjects. I have to promise that I will only take a certain number of shots and then I do a lot of praying that at least one will turn out. I think they act this way now just to get a rise out of their mom. 

What I wanted to capture was the look of pure happiness that school was finally out. Or even a great action shot of them running up the hill to the house wishing farewell to school days and hello days of summer.

I said, "Can you just give me a thumbs up or something?"

But this is what I got...




I've learned to just go with it and take what I can get. 

So, here we are on our first day of summer vacation. And it looks like this outside...






I suppose we all will be staying inside today.






1 comment:

  1. LOL - 2 things. The look on the dogs' faces says it all! Like they're pining away to go run outside & it's pouring! And the other? Well...boys will be boys sums that up pretty nicely, don't ya think? (Mine are JUST LIKE 'EM!) LOVE this quote - "You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun."

    Happy blissful summer days ~ Merana

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...